Mud are a leading digital agency in the South West, based in beautiful Bath. We're offering a salary of up to £40k for an enthusiastic web developer to join our team.
You’ll be proficient in PHP, HTML and CSS, know your way around a web server; building a solution that performs well for both our client and our client's users. We’ll give you an easy going, fun place to work, and a variety of interesting projects to work on.
We are a creative digital agency with a reputation for producing beautiful, impactful work. A small team of experts, we work with a range of interesting clients from film studios to schools, charities to SMEs and e-commerce sites. And we work as digital partners for a number of internationally renowned creative agencies.
We love creating beautiful, engaging, award winning websites. And we take pride in the close relationships we develop with our clients - in our experience, collaborative approaches always lead to the best work.
You’ll be building websites from the ground up, predominantly on the Craft CMS platform. You will be involved throughout the project, from the planning stage through to testing/QA, deployment, delivery and post-launch support. You will typically be working on 2-3 projects at a time integrating high quality frontend code into content management systems and dynamic web apps.
You'll also be working with the team in supporting our catalogue of existing sites and providing ongoing support to our project managers and clients.
You will be enthusiastic about web development and excited about new tools, techniques and technologies but know when this distracts from Getting Things Done. You must be self-motivated, organised and focused in your work but happy collaborating with others.
What are we offering?
A relaxed yet fast paced and fun working environment, where you will be regularly challenged and helped to develop your skill set. We strive to produce the best work we can – no cutting corners, we take pride in making our work the best it can be.
We’re not just about the work though. We organise regular team days, a variety of social activities and set ourselves fun side projects to learn new skills and scratch those itches (such as On The Plane and 2020 Visionaries)
What you'll get
- A salary of between £30k - £40k, depending on experience
- A range of exciting projects to work on, for a mix of clients big and small
- A sensible work / life balance - no mad Friday night deadlines here, we know a successful creative agency can be run on a normal 7.5 hour routine
- 23 days holiday, and usually extra time off around Xmas, and your birthday off
- Pension Scheme with employer contributions
- Flexible working and remote working opportunities
- Constant opportunities to learn - we support our team to develop as much as we can
- A £500 'curiosity and inspiration' training budget
- A supportive and friendly working environment
- Regular socials
Necessary skills and requirements
- Experience in building websites using content management systems
- Experience developing custom PHP with Yii or similar framework (eg Laravel)
- Good knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Using version control systems, notably Git
- Configuring and working with LAMP/Nginx server hosting and DNS
- Working/integrating with third-party APIs
- Organisational skills to make most effective use of your time
Nice to haves
- Experience building websites with Craft CMS
- Experience with ExpressionEngine CMS or Wordpress
- Building and working with eCommerce websites, payment gateways, etc
The role will be based in our Bath office, with options available to work remotely.
Please email your CV - outlining your skills, experience (including examples of your work) and interests along with links to Github and Twitter profiles (if relevant) - and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE!